How to apply
To request academic mobility for the International Exchange Student Program at UNIRSM you must follow the following steps.
STEP 1. Agreement
UNIRSM will accept students coming from universities or institutions with whom UNIRSM has signed previous agreements. Please check the list.
STEP 2. Nomination
Fall semester: May 15th
Spring semester: November 15th
Universities should send an email to email@example.com with the list of the NOMINATED Students and the following information for each one of the candidates:
- Last Name
- Exchange period and duration (in months)
- Home University/Institution
- Studies at home University/Institution
- Studies at UNIRSM:
- Bachelor of Management Engineering
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Communication and Digital Media
Send an informative email confirming the acceptance of the nominees to the partner university or institution, with further details on how to send the Application form and continue with the registration process.
STEP 3. Acceptance and Application procedure
Fall semester: May 30th
Spring semester: November 30th
Nominated students must send their application form and the required documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the application form and list of required documents for each program of study, please check the following links:
Communication and Digital media: www.unirsm.sm/comunicazione-digital-media/incoming-students/
Management and Civil Engineering: www.unirsm.sm/ingegneria-gestionale/incoming-students/
Students will be notified of their acceptance by the International Office.
Visa and Immigration
International exchange students from countries inside and outside of the Schengen area will have to apply for a Residence Permit for Study Purposes directly at the San Marino Gendarmeria (Foreigners Office), providing the following documents:
- Copy of identity document and / or passport (plus the original as proof);
- Certificate of enrollment at UNIRSM;
- Number 4 passport photo card in ICAO format;
- Certification of any pending proceedings or pending charges, or lack thereof, of San Marino to be requested at the time of the application with self-certification to the Foreigners Office with 15 euros in revenue stamps;
- Certification of any pending proceedings or pending charges, or lack thereof. This certificate has to be issued by the appropriate agency in your home country prior to arrival in RSM [the certificate has to be issued no earlier than 6 months prior to arrival in RSM]. If the certificate is not in Italian, it has to be translated and certified by a notary.
- Prove of private health care insurance with a minimum annual coverage of € 30,000 that is valid within RSM, together with the document issued by the Ufficio Prestazioni Economiche for the recognition of the validity of the health coverage.
- Last tax return of the applicant and any other documentation to demonstrate the possibility of maintenance.
Arrival and Enrolment
On behalf of the International Office we look forward to meeting you and helping you throughout your studies at UNIRSM
- Upon your arrival, contact the Student Office to enroll at UNIRSM
- Housing. UNIRSM does not have a student residence, but we support our international students in finding accommodation. The Student Office will help you with a list of available accommodations.
- Immigration procedures: once in San Marino you will need to apply for a study permit (See STEP 4 for the required documentation). Please contact the International office at email@example.com for support in applying for the study permit.