Francesco Carli, MD, MPhil, FRCA, FRCPC
- Professor of Anesthesia at McGill University and Associate Professor in the School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition at McGill University.
- Previously Wesley Bourne Professor and Chairman of the McGill Department of Anesthesia (1994-2004)
- Gold Medal, Canadian Anesthesiologists Society, 2012
- Invited member of the American Academy of Anesthesiology
- Board Member of the International Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Society
- President American Prehabilitation Society
- President of the Peri-Operative Program (POP) Charitable Foundation
- Completed his medical training and anesthesia training in Turin, Italy, Paris, France and London, England.
- Completed a Master in Surgical Metabolism at the University of London, England
- Served as volunteer physician/educator at the Medical College of Monrovia (Liberia) (1974-1977), at Centre-Hopitalo Universitaire de Kigaly (Rwanda) (2006-2018).
Author of over 250 peer-review scientific articles and recipient of over 50 peer and non peer-review grants.
Interessi di ricerca
- Metabolic changes associated with surgery and the impact of perioperative interventions (regional analgesia, nutrition, hormones, exercise) on postoperative recovery;
- Evaluation of functional outcome measures during the surgical recovery process;
- Prehabilitation of surgical patients.